Sweet Home Alabama: Welcome to Miami

When I chatted with Paige Duke on Friday about the upcoming episode of Sweet Home Alabama she said there would be drama at elimination. And there certainly was! The episode threw me for a loop more than once, so let’s talk about it!

Bright lights, big city

Paige had four dates with city guys this week, all taking place in Miami. And the dates were…well, they were different.

First up was Christian, and I liked his date the best of the four. He was the only guy who didn’t seem like he was trying too hard, and therefore the only guy who seemed like he was really being himself. He introduced Paige to his culture by teaching her to play dominoes, sitting down for some Cuban cuisine and checking out a cigar shop. The date seemed like it went quickly, and it only ended with a little peck of a kiss, but I still thought it seemed like they had a nice time.

Next Paige went out with Jeremy. Jeremy definitely seemed like he was trying too hard with the fancy boat, and just the way he acts. He’s not really sleazy, he just has the air of a big nerd who’s come into money and doesn’t know how else to impress a pretty girl. I was surprised that Paige seemed to have a great time with him, that wasn’t what I expected.

Speaking of trying too hard, Todd picked Paige up in a fancy (rented!) car, and they drove around for a while. It actually seemed like they were having a really good conversation, but the date itself left a bad taste in my mouth. A fancy car? Trying on diamonds and expensive jewelry? How is that a date? Todd seems funny, and he had a nice conversation with Paige, but it seems like he’s trying to overcompensate for something.

Finally, it was the date we were all waiting for: Shaun. Shaun was planning to take Paige out on a boat so he could dump her – not throw her off the boat, just break up with her. He’s not that cruel. He was planning on spending a week in Miami before going home to New York. Instead, he changed his mind and I’m not sure what to think. On the one hand, if Shaun didn’t genuinely want to return to Alabama and keep getting to know Paige, then why would he admit he was about to end things? Yet, everything he said sounded so false. He also loves rescued pit bulls and wants to open an animal shelter? Oh my, what a coincidence! That’s only something you could figure out about  Paige via a quick Google search in the hotel lobby. Am I really supposed to believe this guy had a big change of heart?

Paige certainly had a change of heart when it came to Shaun, though. Going into the date, she said she wanted to talk to him and see “if I really can’t stand him as much as I think I do.” And as they talked, and Shaun smugly discussed how he doesn’t really like the South, Paige said “I honestly thought I was going to push him off the boat. I did not like him.” But the gal likes her dogs, and that was his in – by the end of the date, they were kissing.

Aw, shoot!

The country guys were pretty sure that Paige would eliminate a couple guys in Miami, so they were pretty bummed when all four men returned. It didn’t help that the city guys were eager to gloat about their fun dates – Jeremy was the biggest jerk, telling them Paige had said their date was the most fun she’d had yet. Really? Keep it to yourself, buddy. That’s a sign of an insecure guy. The country guys were just as insecure and jealous, ragging on Todd about his rented car, but Jeremiah did have a point – of all the dates, Christian’s was the only one that was authentic.

The next day, Paige took all the country guys out shooting, and we were hit with another twist. Austin (who was cute, but didn’t get much screen time) had to leave since he’d landed a job with the fire department in Mobile. Paige handled the news with class, and it was pretty refreshing to see someone on a reality TV show make a practical decision. The last time that happened was Alli on The Bachelor, and if you’ll remember she later quit the very job she’d left the show for so she could star as The Bachelorette and talk about how guilty she felt for choosing work over “love”. Sometimes the bills have gots ta get paid, yo!

I know Paige likes shooting and everything, but I hope soon some of the country guys will get to go on some more glamorous dates. It’s unfair to let the city guys have all the flash and glitz. But then I guess Jeremiah would have to brush his teeth if they were going on a date somewhere other than a combine.

Elimination Drama

Paige showed up for elimination knowing she had to send two guys home. First she said goodbye to Christian. I liked Christian, but I guess they didn’t have a ton of chemistry on their date. Still, I liked him better than some other guys. *coughbigshauncough*

Next Paige spoke with Landon, who she was obviously planning on sending home. But she wanted to talk with him first, because she felt that he hadn’t seemed himself when they went shooting the day before. I like Landon, but he definitely seems like the possessive, overprotective, jealous type. I think Paige sees Landon as protective and sweet, but she’s not sure anything more is there. Landon told Paige that he hated seeing her with some of these guys, particularly Jeremy. Apparently Jeremy had been bragging about having Skype-sex with his ex-girlfriend. Klassy!

Obviously, Paige was mad. If Jeremy was bragging about his ex only a day after he had a romantic date with her, then that’s not cool. It’s sleazy, it calls his character into question, and it makes her look bad. So Paige sent Landon back to the porch with the other guys and had Boyd bring Jeremy down to talk to her. Jeremy was surprised, and he said Landon didn’t know what he was talking about, but he didn’t exactly deny it either. He was pissed, too.

And that’s pretty much where the episode cut off. This Friday we’ll see Jeremy confront Landon about what was said, and we’ll see how the other guys react. I understand why Paige eliminated Jeremy, and I probably would have made the same decision. But I also think Landon could be the kind of guy to overreact or exaggerate something.What do you guys think? Who should Paige have eliminated? Do you buy what Big Shaun is selling? Tell me in the comments!

This entry was posted in Sweet Home Alabama. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Sweet Home Alabama: Welcome to Miami

Landon is a snitch. One that doesn't even know the whole story. In the preview, Jeremiah calls him out for butting into things he knows nothing about. I'm sorry, how is what Landon did honorable? Anyone who can throw another person under the bus so easily is not a man and his character should be questioned. What he did was NOT classy. This guy would do anything just to stay and further himself in the competition. Take this information with a grain of salt, since I'm only another person on the internet; but I know one of the contestants and let's just say all the guys (City AND Country) did not like Landon. He was not to be trusted and was as two-faced as they came. The guys in the house actually didn't mind City Shaun and thought he was actually a good guy (which might comes as a surprise to some people).I just hope they actually show what really went on behind the scenes and not some contrived version of how the country boys were backing their guy Landon.You don't have to believe me, but if any of you dug a little deeper with all the contestants' Twitter interactions, it's clear that city and country do not like Landon. Country Shaun and Joey retweeted all the tweets from viewers that had stated that Landon was their least favorite country guy. That's just one example. There are plenty more, if you read between the lines. And, no one from this season is even following Landon on twitter.

I also thought City Shaun's declaration of love for pit bulls was a little too convenient. But who knows? Maybe he's just been cast as the resident creep for this season and is actually a really nice guy. Landon, on the other hand, seems potentially stalkerish. Hope she gets rid of him quick!

If I may ask… and if you know or are able to answer : Who does the contestant you know think she picked at the end?

He never offered an answer and I respected him enough to not to ask those type of questions since they're bound by contracts.I was mainly interested in what goes on behind the scenes. Despite what they may show, basically everyone got along with each other. Who's your favorite? Who do you think she picks? My favorites are still Bubba and Jeremiah. She seems to have the most connection with them. I don't think she could go wrong by picking either one. From the City, I really like Dustin – just don't think they're a great match though.

Something is rotten in Denmark… Ahem Landon. He appeared to be jealous and possessive. Please tell me he's not like this in every relationship. Something tells me Landon embellished what was really said. I think Paige should have just sent both Jeremy and Landon home or could have at least listened to both sides of the story.Anyway, I couldn't care less for this Landon vs. Jeremy. It's not like they both had a chance anyway. I'm looking forward to her hammock date with Jeremiah!!! He was my pick from the very beginning.

My favorite is absolutely Bubba but I think she choose Jeremiah in the end and I was already thinking that even before this week's teaser. To many things are leading that way especially their twitter and facebook comments + the fact that he put the song he wrote her at 1st position on his new album = Game over. It would also make sense cause Jeremiah can offer her both city and country, her job is near, etc.Bubba is the best possible candidate to be the next lead. Worst than that, I'm soooo convinced that it is Jeremiah that I can't wait for this season to be over so that the new one begins.

Really hoping you are right and it's Jeremiah!

I love Bubba, but I'm really hoping it is Jeremiah in the end. I think he's a better match for Paige. When she describes her guy – everything basically leads to only one person… Jeremiah. 1. Best of both worlds. Really, only Jeremiah fits into this mold. He lives part time in LA.2. She wasn't sure if her guy even liked her… During their combine date, she mentioned he was quiet/reserved and was afraid he didn't like her3. She fell fast – She's already saying the L word on their second date (hammock). 4. Someone asked her on the LiveChat if the viewers would be surprised with her final pick. She said that viewers may be surprised [depends on who their favorite was]. It is obvious the fan favorites are Bubba and country Shaun… so picking Jeremiah would be a surprise (for majority of the viewers)5. They are trying to edit out all Paige and Jeremiah interactions. If you pay close attention to the last group date (shooting bottles and skeets) – they are always standing near each other and sneaking glances.6. Producers are trying way too hard to sell Bubba as her final pick. Talk about a stacked edit. Their date probably had the longest air time out of all the other dates she's been on.7. Twitter interactions – not necessarily between Jeremiah and Paige (since I'm sure they'll get in trouble with their producers) but more so the interactions between Jeremiah and Tristan and OClicious (Paige's Bffs from last season)8. She said that she would move to live with the final guy. I know she's already in MN for her job prior to filming the season and meeting the 22 bachelors. But, the key part is she's staying with her current job and said she'll be in MN a lot. There's probably a lot more that points to Jeremiah, but I can't think off the top of my head.I think we're the only ones who actually think Jeremiah is her final pick haha. It might be obvious to us, but if you read around facebook and twitter, Jeremiah is not on anyone's radar. It's the producers fault for leaving all their footage on the editing floor. I really hope we start to see their love story. For once, I feel like the relationship is actually the real deal… unlike the other two couples…Oh, and this is the last verse of Jeremiah's song to Paige (very telling!):Now I'm leaving Alabama with my girlEvery part of her is my whole worldI'll have a never ending Paige and the thought is making me, still making me smileShe's giving her handAnd I'm giving mineLike Johnny Cash, we're both walking the lineTill we're old and all our dreams are throughThis Paige is you.

Ditto … Suddenly Big Shaun opens up saying he was traumatized from a beating he received as a boy which was something he couldn't get over…and how he loves pit bulls and wants to open a rescue shelter…wow!! How convenient is right. I'm wondering if a person gets paid more to become the house villian..the meaner one becomes..the bigger the bonus….there's one of these every season….gotta keep the drama going.

That hammock date is going to be sweet. I've been waiting patiently ever since I first saw the extended trailor for the season. Jeremiah is the one for her…no doubt about it.

Thank you for posting the lyrics. I have the album which I love..my problem is I have some nerve damage going on in my ears…its so hard for me to catch lyrics..so frustrating. I guess that's what I get from too much loud music in my youth. I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS !!

The way the producers are portraying Jeremiah is sooooo wrong! Can't wait for you to blog last night's episode!

I have been in the worse mood since Jeremiah's unfair edit. I have defended him everywhere …people are so insulting. I can relate to him because its very hard to open up and be vulnerable when you are used to the safety of those walls. Been there…its brutal. My question is why the editors have made big Shaun Mr nice guy while throwing Jeremiah under the bus. So weird. What's the twist going to be ?? If this is really Paige's Notebook love story, its Jeremiah. Are they just trying to freak us out with edits?? Oh help…I need a life…LOL

I'm outraged. Is this Paige's punishment for not picking the producers' fave (Bubba)? People are horrible. Do they not stop to think that 1. Paige gets to pick who she loves – not the fans; 2. If Jeremiah is the one Paige picked, both producers and fans are absolutely ruining her fairytale since I'm sure she wants people to love her guy as much as she does; and 3. If she ends up with anyone else after telling Jeremiah she is falling in love with him it will be called "settling." If the producers don't find a way to make this right, as they seem to have with Shaun B who was obnoxious and insulting as they come (how quickly people forget), then I won't be watching next season.I also really hope that if Paige and Jeremiah are together they can laugh this off and not let it get the best of them.Obviously I also need a life!

And… Even if Jeremiah isn't the one (although I really believe he is), I don't think it's Bubba, either(Shaun B I'm thinking). So people need to get over it!

Shaun B has been on my mind as well..I have seen Paige defending him saying he's handsome ant looks like Matthew Maconahey (spelling). She also said the two most handsome of the 22 guys is Jeremiah and Shaun B. But, there's so many symbolic things pointing to Jeramiah. There's the bandana..he makes her nervous with butterflies..the Notebook… and something brand new…the little fat puppy Jeremiah loves. Paige has said in the ending she has her own Notebook love story..if so..we are seeing it start to fall into place with her and Jeremiah. My cable guide for SHA on March 2nd is titled the secret. Where Paige goes on private dates to a Mobile mansion by a lake. I keep thinking about that puppy as well as that song…This Paige Is You..I think that little fur ball is going to have a part somewhere in all this drama. Yikes posting from my phone is crazy…please excuse my typos..

I think Shaun B will be around for a while, and he's actually very handsome and funny, so that's OK! But I agree that it has to be Jeremiah in the end. Interesting thought about the puppy! And I think I need to reread The Notebook!