Sweet Home Alabama: Interview with Paige

You guys had a lot to say about last week’s episode of Sweet Home Alabama, so Paige took some time to chat with me today about the show. Obviously, I had to start by asking her about her date with Jeremiah!

Paige said she wanted to take Jeremiah to the vet’s office because the little chocolate lab puppies were so cute, and because Jeremiah had told her his dog was hit by a milk truck. “I wanted to show him a little of what I do, like he showed me with the combine. Then we went back to where I live and just talked. He doesn’t really open up when the cameras are around,” Paige said.

Paige said the date was “intense” and that she asked Jeremiah a lot of questions because she wanted him to open up. “I said I think I’m falling in love with you, and he didn’t reciprocate it, so that was hard. He asked if I meant it and I said yes, and he said his heart was beating so fast and he was scared.”

And then the date was over – the producers of the show separate them, and they’re not allowed to talk or anything while the cameras aren’t on.

“I understand because on season two, you know, Tribble would say something to you and other girls would say he said things to them, and you never knew…I didn’t have feelings for Tribble but a lot of the other girls did, so I know what it’s like. I just put myself in his shoes and thought if I would’ve had feelings for Tribble, I would’ve been guarded too.”

As for the gym, Paige said no, none of the guys knew she was going to be there. “I was walking up and they [the producers] told me ‘They don’t know you’re coming, it’s going to be a surprise’ and I thought that would be funny since they’d probably be working out and be all sweaty. We girls got to go to the gym too, usually a couple times a week, and it’s one of the only times you get to leave the house. So it probably just seemed like one of those regular outings.”

As for the fight, Paige said she heard lots about it. “The guys would always tell me and joke about it. You know, when you’re on a date you talk about what’s going on in your life so I’d always ask how things are going, or what did you do last night. And they’d say, ‘Oh, a fight broke out last night!’ They’re like brothers and can laugh it off.”

“And you know, it’s inevitable. There are different personalities and no phone or Internet, they’re all dating the same girl and feelings are developing. The girls would just cry every night, instead of fighting they’d go into their rooms and cry. You can’t talk to the other people in the house about it because they also have feelings for this person.”

Paige says she was told the fight we saw actually happened after elimination, so on top of being worked up about their date Jeremiah was also upset that Donny, his best friend in the house, had gone home.

“What I heard was a whole fight broke out in the house which they didn’t show, everyone was screaming and someone spit on someone else. If you throw a punch you get kicked out, but there was nothing they could do…and they had given him [Jeremiah] three glasses of whiskey and then he was caught at a bad moment.”

Paige said she didn’t have a chance to talk to Jeremiah at elimination, so at this point in the show she has “no idea what’s going on in his head.”

“I was really upset at elimination, everything was just getting to me. I didn’t talk to the guys long because I was on the verge of tears and I didn’t want to cry in front of them. So I only talked to the ones I brought in to see me.”

Paige wondered if maybe she’d scared Jeremiah away. “My daddy always says ‘Don’t chase a guy or he’ll run away from you’ and I was asking him all these questions…I just thought, good grief, I seem like a crazy girl.”

This week, Paige says, we can look forward to her and Big Shaun going on a date that’s “taking him way out of his element. We’re going to a dark and dirty place. He won’t have his hairspray!”

This entry was posted in Sweet Home Alabama. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Sweet Home Alabama: Interview with Paige

Thanks for posting the interview! It's interesting to hear what actually goes on.As suspected, a whole fight broke out in the house… not just a fight between Jeremiah and little Shaun. How convenient to only show one guy being the instigator…..

Looked to me like Jeremiah walked across the kitchen and punched Shaun. No matter what was left out, sometimes you just have to man-up and own your actions.

I DID NOT SEE A PUNCH. YOU MUST BE WATCHING ANOTHER SHOW.

Oh I totally agree he was "in the wrong".But it looks a lot worse when we only see one guy fighting. It puts things more into perspective when everyone in the house was in a fist fight. Some guy even spat on someone's face….

And I believe he did say that he shouldn't of hit Shaun and how he should have bit his tongue and went to bed. People are making such a huge deal out of it. Both parties have clearly gotten over it once the fight was over. I'm not saying there should be violence. These are a bunch of dudes living together. I don't know about you, but I've seen brothers fight all the time. I don't know how someone can judge and diagnose a guy for abusive tendencies after 4 minutes of edited footage. I'm sure they're all decent guys.

Punch or not, he assaulted Shaun. Violence is NEVER an answer. At 29 he should know better.

They should have all known better.

Someone wrote"some guy even spat on someone's face", I didn't see that. So either someone from the show is posting this stuff to get more attention for the show or the person writing that is making stuff up… either way I don't believe what is posted here anymore.

If you read the interview… Paige mentions this. Unless you're insinuating Paige is lying…And you didn't see it because it was cut out. You only see what they're willing to show us.

I bet Jeremy wishes Paige had taken the same position with him that she has with Jeremiah (that there must have been another side to the story).

Jeremeiah and Paige are pretty out of touch if they think "boys just punch each other all the time" in today's world. Nowdays its not tolerated and the sanctions are pretty steep if a boy behaves that way at school. There's no 3 strikes and your out either, its a zero tolerance policy. So those of us with boys have taught them that violence is not an acceptable answer. I think the outcry over Jeremiah attacking Shaun comes from just that–there is zero tolerance for that type of behavior from today's kids (and we would hope adults).

Seems like a lot of "that was cut out" excuses to behavior or again someone on the inside just making a big deal over nothing for the publicity…

She should have listened to Jeremy's side of the story. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter… she was never going to choose Jeremy anyway.And perhaps because Landon threw Jeremy under the bus. Whereas, if Paige was going to eliminate someone who was in a fight – the whole cast would be gone.

I agree that violence should never be the answer. Obviously they couldn't enforce "zero tolerance" – the entire cast would have been "eliminated" then. Jeremiah should not have attacked Shaun. Just like whoever else was in a fight should not have fought. The guy who spit on another guy should have been eliminated too.

I don't think Jeremiah should have been eliminated because he attacked Shaun. I just don't think Paige or Jeremiah get that attacking Shaun was unacceptable.

I don't condone fighting either, but I know as the mother of 4 grown sons , if you locked them together for weeks with no phone, tv , internet , or radio with access to unlimited booze they would nail each other too. I'm really tired of Jeremiah taking the heat for everybody. Did y'all not see little Shaun going for the throat of somebody in the kitchen in the extended trailer for the show?? I think it was Dustin or somebody who pulled him away. Besides , you have to remember you are watching a reality show . The producers love the drama and fighting….think Jersey Shore, Desperate housewives etc.

Very, very well said!

Actually, I think at 30 you should know better… wait maybe it's 31, I always get confused with the age at which you should know better in a situation regarding a fight.

They cut 3 days worth of footage into an 85 minute show…. yeap, pretty sure the viewers only get a small sample of what is really going on with the guys in the house. It's people that believe only what they see on the tv is the only thing happening on the show that need to realize that this is reality TV!!

TOTALLY AGREE–VERY WELL SAID!

Its called the wussifying of America. Men are taught now a days to back down and be a pacifist. In our day way back when, men were men and fights were few and far between because they knew that they would get punched back.

Jeremiah is taking the heat for everything…you are so right!It is sad the extreme conditons they put them in to get ratings.I said before I hope this does turn into The Bachelor/Bachelorette show.

^^^^ hahahaha! I'm thinking 29.9. At least that's what I read iin that "book of love" Todd likes to reference. ;)

If Jeremiah doesn't get the girl I hope they bring him back next year, he's the only one that has any fortitude in that house the rest are puppets, why if my son met a girl a few times and then told her he loved her, that is cause for worry in my world.

someone has a great sense of humor! LOL!

So if Jeremiah doesn't get that it's wrong, was he lying to the camera when he said, "I shouldn't have said anything, I shouldn't have done nothing. It was completely my fault and I should've just bit my tongue and not said a word."That sounds like someone who realizes they were wrong and is accepting responsibility for their actions.