Sweet Home Alabama: The Proposal

Well that was quite an episode, wasn’t it? On Friday night, CMT aired another new two-hour episode of Sweet Home Alabama. With Paige down to just five guys it was obvious that things would start to get serious, but Landon went to an unexpected extreme. So let’s talk about the episode!

The way to a woman’s heart…

Paige’s first date this week was with Bubba, a guy who’s been seen as a frontrunner from early on in the season. As my boyfriend Rob said as we watched the show, “If you look up ‘too good to be true’ in the dictionary, Bubba’s picture is there.” I mean, seriously, is there anything negative about Bubba? He’s a cowboy, he cooks, he’s incredibly nice. He never says a bad word about anyone. It’s incredible.

Bubba kicked off his date by taking Paige shopping for cowboy boots and a hat. Someone has been paying attention! Paige loves cowboy boots, so this date was right up her alley. See, city boys? You don’t need to take her to some fancy store to try on expensive diamonds she won’t be able to keep. Just buy her a cute pair of boots!

Yeah, I could live in that house.

Bubba’s plan was to cook lunch for Paige at a local Southern mansion he (or the show) had rented. The property was gorgeous and I loved that Bubba himself went shopping for the food and cooked everything. We’re not in the 1950s anymore, so it’s nice to see a guy who can cook! It was nice to hear Bubba talk to Paige about the house he’s built – he obviously is very proud of his work, and he just seems like such a genuine, goodhearted gentleman.

Paige is obviously smitten with Bubba, and I stand by my prediction that we’ll see him and Jeremiah in the final two. But the sparks don’t seem to fly as much between Paige and Bubba as they do with Jeremiah, or even in a way Big Shaun. Bubba’s a great guy and I wouldn’t mind seeing him as the next Sweet Home Alabama star, but I don’t see Paige ending up with him.

The other guys were obviously a little jealous when Bubba described his date, because they know he’s major competition. As Jeremiah said, it’s a double-edged sword. He likes Bubba, Bubba is a great guy, and I think ultimately most of these guys just want Paige to end up with someone who will make her happy. I think every guy in the house knows that Bubba would treat Paige, or any woman, very well. But that’s also not really a guy you want to be competing against.

I did notice though, that the only guy who doesn’t have kind things to say like that is Landon. Landon always turns the conversation back to himself. You never hear him say that someone else is a good guy, or would treat Paige well if she chose him. Instead he’s all complaints, and I thought it was weak of him to say Bubba had an advantage because he’s from Alabama. So what? He’s from hours outside of where they’re staying, so it’s not like he took Paige back to his house. And from the way he talked about saving up to build his house, it doesn’t sound like he’s rolling in cash and uses his wealth to plan out fantastic dates either. Bubba is just thoughtful – any guy could have taken Paige on a date like that, but Bubba’s the one who thought of it.

If you like it then you better put a ring on it

Oh Landon, Landon, Landon. It’s not that I think Landon is a bad guy. He’s not my kind of guy, and I don’t think he’s the right fit for Paige, but he doesn’t come across like a bad guy. But he’s so intense! You can’t help but think that all his moves come out of desperation rather than true love.

When Landon ratted out Jeremy, he thought he was being sent home. Now, that’s not to say that I don’t think he was also being protective, or that he shouldn’t have done it. We don’t know what exactly Jeremy said, so we’ll never know just how justified Landon was. I think the fact that all the other guys, even Bubba, looked down on that move says something, but regardless, we’ll never know if Landon over-exaggerated or misconstrued what Jeremy said. But since he said it when he was about to get sent home, it came across as a desperate attempt to stick around. It’s not like he’s a fame whore and wanted to just stay on the show – I think he wanted to stay because he was really into Paige, but it was still desperate.

I think the competitive spirit of a show like this has caused Landon to build his feelings for Paige up into an intense frenzy of desperation. After all, how well does he really know her? I don’t know that he’d be acting this way if he and Paige were just dating in the real world.

For their date, Landon took Paige to the local fire department so he could demonstrate what he does as a paramedic. I have a lot of respect for people who risk their lives to save others, so I won’t make fun of this too much. But…he went a little overboard with all the gear, don’t you think? At one point he said Paige looked so hot that she should just wear firefighter gear around the house. Um…yeah. That was sort of weird.

Later, Paige met Landon at a local lake for a picnic – only I’m not sure they even had a chance to sit down. Landon was all dressed up in a suit, and before you knew it the guy was down on one knee. He said he knew she couldn’t answer now — no kidding, fella! She’s still dating four other dudes! Look, I don’t want to bash Landon for putting his heart on the line. But did he really think this would work out? This was only their second date! They’ve barely kissed! SHE HASN’T EVEN MET HIS DAUGHTER.

Also, where did the ring come from? It was pretty big. Did he buy that in Alabama? Did he buy it in Texas and bring it to the show just in case? Did he buy it for his baby mama and it’s a recycled ring?

Gone Fishin’

The next day, Paige met up with all the guys to go fishing. I was really hoping that Jeremiah would pull her aside to talk, but he decided the timing wasn’t right. Jeremiah! He seems like such a nice guy, but he’s kind of blowing this. Luckily, it looks like Paige is pretty patient. If she hasn’t sent him home yet, I don’t think she will.

Landon was noticeably uneasy and quiet during the date, what with the proposal hanging in the air and everything. Paige didn’t say anything, and she could tell he hadn’t mentioned it to the guys. The group date was a little tense at times, but it seemed like there was a lot of laughter as well.

Going into elimination, I was pretty sure Paige would be letting Landon down. A proposal was such a huge step, and even if that’s something Paige said she wanted in the future it was way too rushed. Landon should have considered that Paige would have feelings for the other guys that need to be resolved before getting engaged, might want to get to know his family first, might want him to meet her family, etc. If he’d been thinking clearly, I think he would have realized Paige’s feelings for him weren’t on the same level as his feelings for her and that he’d need to exercise patience. But Landon is Landon, and it seemed as though he was too wrapped up in his own excitement to see that.

You had to feel bad for Paige as she let Landon go. Breaking up with someone and hurting their feelings is incredibly difficult no matter what, so I can’t even imagine how that would feel with a proposal thrown into the mix. She tried to let him down as gently as possibly but Landon was obviously crushed, and Paige was physically trembling as she said goodbye.

Of course, when Landon told the guys that he’d proposed most of them reacted like I did – they couldn’t believe someone would pop the question on the second date. Bubba put a stop to it, because Bubba is a saint.

When Paige let Landon go she said she didn’t know why she can’t want what’s good for her, but ultimately I don’t think that’s going to be true. Landon wouldn’t have been the right choice for Paige, I don’t think they ever had as deep of a connection as she’s had with the other guys. Was she referencing her feelings for Jeremiah? At this point, he hasn’t reciprocated to her yet – but I think viewers know that he does really care about her. Jeremiah is having a hard time with being on the show, but I think in the real world he’d be a good choice for Paige – a better choice than someone like Landon.

The final four

Sweet Home Alabama is taking a week off, and when it returns on March 16th Paige will have to go from four guys to the final two. Does it seem inevitable that The Shauns will be eliminated? Now get to the comments and tell me what you thought of the episode – you know you want to!

This entry was posted in Sweet Home Alabama. Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Sweet Home Alabama: The Proposal

Great recap! Bubba's maturity is such a refreshing and shining example on reality TV.Landon, Landon, Landon is right. It got a little creepy in the break-up scene. There's a fine line between fanatical obsession aka "love" (?!) and the other extreme. He looked like his head was about to explode or he was about to go postal on someone when the shoe dropped that Paige was turning him down. It wasn't until she said she was stupid and selfish that he kind of eased up a bit. No wonder she was shaking, poor thing. Glad she finally sent him home.

Oh, Bubba…wow. How could you not fall for a guy like that? The date he planned was perfect (again), and you could tell Paige really enjoyed it. He seems like such a sweet, down-to-earth guy. And he can cook? Love it! :)YES. I was so glad to see Landon go. He was getting on my nerves, and I honestly couldn't believe it when he proposed! On the second date…seriously?!I agree with you. I think the two Shauns will be eliminated next, and it will be down to Jeremiah and Bubba. I want Paige to choose Bubba sooo bad, but I have a feeling she'll end up picking Jeremiah.I can't wait for the next episode! Just wish we didn't have to wait till March 16th. Ah!! :P

I like your blogs. I think Jeremiah is creepy. He needs to shave, quit drinking, and man up a bit (maybe a lot). If his idea of a wife is living in the middle of no where waiting for him to jump off the combine everyday, I think Paige is out. I cannot see the attration she has to Jeremiah. If Bubba is such a nice guy why is he still single?? Is he too good to be true. I think her end pick will be a shocker (or at least I hope).

Jeremiah is definitely not combining everyday…. he lives in LA part time. He definitely has the whole city and country thing going for him… if that's what Paige wants.

Awesome recap again Jill!The thing with Bubba – there is NOTHING bad you can say about him. He is a stand up gentleman and everyone likes him. He's one of those guys that will say all the right things and the right times (be politically correct). When you describe the qualities you want in a partner/soul mate, Bubba probably matches the list to a T. He appeals to the masses. And I'm sure the producers are in heaven editing this guy since he gives them so much more material and one liners. Bubba is probably (the type of guy) you parents would want you to spend the of your life with. You know how when everyone and their grandma says what a good guy a certain guy is, how any girl would be lucky to have him? Even though Bubba may be great and perfect on paper, he may not be "perfect" for Paige. You know, when you’re not feeling any romantic connections with the guy and can't say anything bad about him either, but just , "Well he's a nice/good guy…". This is my opinion… but I really don't see a lot chemistry between Bubba and Paige. I think the body language between them compared to her body language with Jeremiah says a lot. The chemistry between Jeremiah and Paige is just on a whole other level. Even with Big Shaun, I feel they have a greater chemistry than what I saw with Bubba and Paige. I almost feel like Bubba and Paige are too polite with each other. You can bet if it were Jeremiah or Big Shaun, she would be sitting a lot closer to them. To me, the big sign was when Bubba kissed Paige… she was barely touching him, if at all. Even for the promo for next week – Bubba and Paige have a table and chairs between them!About Landon's date – It was like a train wreck I couldn't stop myself from watching. I'm sure he's a decent guy (in person), but just not the guy for Paige. I thought Landon would have been eliminated this episode, regardless if he proposed or not. I mean, have they even kissed? I kind of felt bad for him, since this was clearly a one sided love affair. The group date was just all sorts of awkward. With Landon's proposal looming in the air, Landon acting weird on the date, not catching any fish, freezing their butts off, etc. Ok, I know Jeremiah gets a lot of flack for not telling Paige how he feels about her… but Paige said during the group date that this was the first time actually seeing and interacting with Jeremiah ever since their second date. To me, professing his feelings to Paige would be kind of inappropriate in a group date with all the guys in an ear shot distance. And, are the producers trying to forbid Jeremiah and Paige to see each other or something? haha, actually that wouldn't surprise me, now that I think about it. Paige has said in one of her livechats that she followed her gut and heart in choosing her fella. She also revealed that the producers were playing mind games with her and her guy. To me, this could only describe Jeremiah. Paige doesn't know if Jeremiah returns her feelings, and Jeremiah is questioning if Paige is saying ILYs to all the other guys. I also noticed on the group date…. they were the ones that interacted the most. I know some people have said they were surprised that she would actually be falling in love with Jeremiah (since as viewers, we only see what they are showing us on screen)… but there must have been a lot of material that was edited out. Despite how bad the hammock scene may have looked, I think Paige probably got some confirmation from Jeremiah that he was at least interested, or he would have been eliminated a while ago. Basically, I agree with you. Final two is Bubba and Jeremiah, with Jeremiah "winning" and Bubba as the new lead for season 4 of SHA. It does feel inevitable that the Shauns will be eliminated next episode.

I would encourage everyone to do your research on Jeremiah. Oh my goodness, what an amazing man. I liked Bubba on that first date and then I researched Jeremiah and I am one of his biggest fans. Head over to his Facebook page and check out all the love he gets from his fans. It is amazing! He is amazing. There is so much more to Jeremiah than CMT is showing (shame on you CMT). He has so much depth and passion and HEART. They haven't shown what an awesome musician he is. Please check out is band at http://www.fromjoyce.com/. You can buy his music on iTunes. He writes all of his music and his lyrics will reveal to you how wonderful he is. He also wrote a song for Paige that is beautiful, "This Paige Is You". Thanks Jill for always being kind to Jeremiah in your recaps. And I agree with your boyfriend, Bubba is way to good to be true. I had a sugar high headache from all the sappy sweet stuff we had to listen to in this episode. I said it should have been titled, "Sugar High".

If by creepy you mean awesome, then I would agree! Yes, his part time in both lifestyles is an added bonus to compliment Paige.

Well said! From Joyce music is awesome! Jeremiah is talented in so many ways in both city and country life. And has anyone noticed how he cleans up and does dishes around the house? He is a well rounded man.

Absolutely nothing creepy about Jeremiah! Maybe you should do a little research! We need more men like him! Bubba's a great guy too, but I'd take Jeremiah any day!

So I need to raise a few questions about our wonderful Bubba. Did anyone notice that he said he would not allow anyone to take her out of the country, and that included west (Landon) or north (Jeremiah). So, according to Bubba, it's either him or Country Shaun. What about what is right for Paige and what Paige wants? I remember that he initiated the argument that went between City Shaun and Landon early on in the show, and then he stood back and watched. Hmmmm… He buddies with the country boys and talks about making sure that they keep Paige in the country, but now he talks on camera about not letting them take her out of the South (Country by his definition). Divide and conquer? This is not a game. This is about a woman's heart. Perhaps even Bubba has got the wrong focus here.

You want Paige to choose Bubba because that is what SHA wants you to think. Her choice fortunately is not based upon SHA's edit.

Bubba does seem like a terrific guy, but also kind of boring in my opinion. And way over confident. Really, you aren't the slightest bit worried that she might choose someone other than you? I honestly found myself just wanting their date to be over so we could move on to something more interesting. I agree with the above poster that listening to Bubba go on, and on, and on with all the sappy stuff got old fast. I feel like he has an ideal of who Paige is and is satisfied with that rather than wanting to find out who she really is. I also thought Bubba was acting more ridiculous than perfect when he insisted that the line between city and country had to be drawn and that no one from the North or the West would take Paige away from where she belongs – which is on his ranch I guess? I would think that at this point all the guys would be worried less about WHERE Paige is going to end up and more about WHOM she is she is going to end up with. And yes, Bubba scolded the other guys for making fun of Landon's proposal, but Bubba was the one who "man to man" forced him to tell! If he was really that concerned for Landon's feelings he would have just let him keep it to himself.I really do like Bubba, but he's not perfect. He just talks such a good game that it's easy to overlook the flaws!

Oh, mind games… yes! Don't you wish they would simply edit the material to a shortened version of all of what actually happened? I noticed on the group date, that Jeremiah kept it alive and going with his humor and constant little conversation. If I were Paige, I soooo would have appreciated someone there that would lighten the mood. I think spirits were a bit heavy so to speak. Paige mentioned in one online discussion that she warned her dad that it only gets worse, referring to how serious and tired she looked. I cannot imagine the pressure of narrowing down and dumping guys you care about. As for Jeremiah on the group date, I am glad he didn't try to get alone time with her there. No one has appreciated when one of the guys tries to steal her away for a minute. And it's just one more pressure on Paige. No thanks. I think he did the right thing. Leave group dates as group dates.

Jeremiah seems to have a heart of gold. It's a shame how CMT edits him in a negative light- nothing could be further from the truth. He truly loves all the support from his fans and invests so much of his time taking the time to read all our posts and questions on his fan page – and answering us all back and thanking us. I do not see a single other guy on the show doing that. I agree that the final two will be Jeremiah and Bubba but feel there is no way that Bubba will win. There is no way that they would edit it all to make Bubba look like Sugar Plums and Lemon Drops the entire show – and be so predicted by the fans that he would win. There has to be a twist at the end (that's TV) where they finally show Jeremiah's true colours, and his love for Paige. Go Team Jeremiah!!!! He has the most wonderful fan page. His music is soooo good. You all have to check it out.http://www.facebook.com/jeremiahjameskorfeand his musichttp://www.facebook.com/fromjoyce

It's too bad so many people are blind to how wonderful Jeremiah really is. I think it's most unfortunate how easy people insult him. They don't even know him, and if they did, they would take it back. I think it must make Bubba feel pretty crappy knowing his fans are out there bashing one of his best friends. I know I would feel embarrassed if it were me!! In the meantime, I think people need to practice a little acceptance because I'm sure Paige has chosen Jeremiah. And if you have never listened to him ..he has a beautiful voice and really knows how to rock out !! I love his album.

What? there is nothing creepy about him. He is so genuine and sincere not forgetting to mention so dreamy;)

I'm sure she will choose Jeremiah, but I'm not so sure that City Shaun won't be in the final two with him.

That's so true! Jeremiah consoled Landon, just as he consoled so many others earlier on in the show. He didn't push him to speak. How many guys has Jeremiah supported throughout the show? Perhaps he has a better heart than we have been led to believe. Oh, that reminds me, Isn't Jeremiah the one who before elimination, he was defending Landon as a man with such a big heart?

Jill, thank you for another insightful review. I am sure they are all men with fine qualities, but I was most interested in Bubba's date with Paige when she asked him what he liked to do in his spare time. Nothing wrong with another ranch-type activity as a hobby, but does the boy get off the ranch at all? Paige is active, loves to travel, is pursuing a career, and I think she's the type of woman who would like to share her activities with her man. I think it's pretty obvious Bubba is getting a "golden boy" edit, but I don't see him capturing our girl's heart.

Jeremiah has always been there for the other guys – starting when Cowboy Shaun got the news about his horse. And yes, he was the one to point out that Landon has a big heart! Bubba gets all the good sound bites because he's comfortable yakking in front of the camera, and he knows exactly what he should be saying. Which is why everyone thinks he's perfect. Jeremiah is always doing good things (with the exception of the Cowboy Shaun incident-just in case someone wants to bring that up again!)but people forget about them or don't notice because he doesn't go on in front of the camera.

We may see Country Shaun and Bubba go home this next time. I am not sure she would let it come down to all country, especially since she is more well rounded and adaptable. But City Shaun is not as interested in marriage or living a Godly life, like she is. I don't think they match right now. She talks about their love for pit bulls and how he is a great kisser. And? I think Paige and Jeremiah have the most in common, and SHA has tried really hard to hide it from the viewers. Just look at how they have hidden his music group From Joyce while talking up the others that sing. Interesting editing! His music is great by the way! Great lyrics, awesome and unique style, appealing to such a variety of listeners. His album on itunes is great, and so is his video of Disposable on youtube.

I'm in high school and have been a Jeremiah fan from episode one… The more he gets bashed and verbally abused, the more respect I have for him. The haterade is pretty intense, but he shows just how responsible, respectful, and respectable he is through his responses… He has apologized multiple times for his mistakes and for the way the editors have portrayed him throughout the season. CMT has openly admitted to editing Jeremiah's scenes, yet viewers are blaming Jeremiah for something completely out of his control. Out of all the guys on this season (those still on and those sent home), Jeremiah is by far my favorite. If there ever were a time for his supposed "anger issues" to come out, don't you think they would have been pretty strong in his responses to all the haters posting on his Face Book page? Yet they aren't! Jeremiah responds calmly and friendly to everyone, haters included! That takes a lot of maturity… If I were in JJ's position on SHA, I can't say that I would have been portrayed/edited very well either… It's sad for me to think that, due to editing, JJ's music career could be completely ruined. He's getting really bad press for someone else's editing job… From Joyce is one of the best bands I've listened to… In all honesty, my Ipod playlist consists of From Joyce, Taylor Swift, and Adele. People are saying that JJ is "just" a Plowboy/farmer. Are you for real? Have you listened to his songs? I'm not trying to start an argument here. I just want to give my full support to JJ & Paige. GO TEAM JEREMIAH!!! :)

I didn't even catch that. You are right. His hobby is also on the farm. His lifestyle may be a bit one dimensional for her. While many of us could live that life quite happily, I think Paige may need more. On a side note, I am always leary of someone being portrayed as perfect. No one is perfect. Landon got himself in trouble when he idealized Paige and made her out to be perfect. What would he have done if she had picked him and then he saw a flaw? Bubba is being portrayed as perfect as well. Beware! He can't be perfect. I believe that people can be perfect for eachother, meaning they belong together and are better when they are together. But actually perfect? No way.

Bubba is a good guy, but I can't imagine Paige living her life on a ranch out in the sticks forever. She said she needs a healthy balance between city and country living. Jeremiah's life style just fits .. everything about him fits perfectly into her life ~~ She said she prayed to God for Him to send her the love of her life and I believe He sent Jeremiah !! That's pretty freakin awesome !!

Bubba is a good old boy. Like amy boss he's always in control with an air of superiority that makes me nervous. It looks like he would smother Paige. All the excessive mushy gushy sugary stuff is overkill now . Jeremiah on the other hand doesn't do that because he doesn't have to . All he has to do is smile and she's ready to run off with him and who could blame her?? He's hot!!

Jeremiah is drop dead gorgeous to me. OMG !! Creepy ?? I don't think so !! Quite the opposite actually …

GOOD POINT!!

Have you heard Jeremiah's song "This Paige is You"? In it, one line says he's prayed his whole life for a girl like her. Wow! They sure have a lot in common. Also, that reminds me, they both believe that dating is for the purpose of marriage. Most of the world does not believe that way. We know that she and many of the guys have in common a faith in God and an emphasis on prayer. Paige and Jeremiah just seem to have a beautiful spark in addition to lots in common. If SHA would allow it, their relationship could be an example to others.

Do you mean that perhaps they have tried to live a Godly life, not perfect…… and that God maybe has given them the desires of their hearts?

My husband is team Bubba. He absolutely loves the guy cause he reminds him of himself. (amazing man but yawn…)I on the other hand am team Jeremiah. To me, he is the COMPLETE PACKAGE. Great values, AND a bit of a firecracker.

Bubba's answer to Paige's question about his hobbies also caught my attention. If he is out working on the ranch "12 hours a day" and his hobbies are also on the ranch, then it doesn't seem that his lifestyle would really fit with Paige's desire of wanting a combined country and city lifestyle. Of the four left only Jeremiah appears to fit into that lifestyle.

I know right? Gorgeous… beautiful inside and out! Early high moments for me? 1. when he told City Shaun to look a guy in the eye when meeting him…. 2. when he told the guys to leave Andy alone and not be like that…. 3. when he explained why he kissed her (DANGITALL)…. 4. when he nicely took Andy's alcohol away from him and explained why…. 5. when he comforted Country Shaun about the loss of his horse…. 6. when he confronted the guys about talking so much smack about eachother…. 7. the eyes that reveal a deep soul…. 8. the smile that makes Paige melt…. 9. the curly hair…. 10. the bandana (korfe kerchief)…. 11. his prayer at the campfire (which he apparently also sang but we didn't get to hear it)…. 12. his cooking at the campsite…. 13. his cleaning up the kitchen at the guys' house…. 14. FINDING HIS INCREDIBLY AWESOME MUSIC ONLINE (FROM JOYCE ROCKS!!!!!)

Well said.

15. The BANDANA he tied around Paige's neck during paintball so she wouldn't "take a paintball to the neck." DITTO!!! WELL SAID!

WELL SAID! Totally agree!

AWESOME POST and TOTALLY AGREE, MEMBER OF JJK FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE LOVE ABOUNDS!

I caught that too, taking her out of the country…YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON!

Wow. Jeremiah was the ONLY one out of 22 men that I was immediately attracted to…and not in the brotherly way. :) Getting to know him more on his FB page proves he's just as beautiful inside. I wouldn't change a thing.

RIGHT ON!!!

TOTALLY AGREE–I LISTEN TO FROM JOYCE MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. HE IS A SONG WRITER/MUSICIAN/FARMER–AND IF YOU THINK FARMING IS EASY–GUESS AGAIN! GO TEAM JEREMIAH!!!

I FOR ONE TRULY BELIEVE THAT GOD WAS MATCHMAKER HERE :)

You hit the nail on the head as to what my biggest concern is right now for Jeremiah: who her parents would probably choose for her. First impressions are hard to change, and the way this show is being edited, Jeremiah is clearly behind the 8-ball. I imagine Paige's parents and friends are probably rooting for Bubba, so how will they react to Jeremiah IF she chooses him (which I'm sure she did)? It's hard enough for any couple from this show to make it once the real world hits them…let's face it…80-90% of these relationships fail…so to have your closest loved ones against you is yet another hurdle to overcome. I hope whatever they have together is strong enough to weather the hurricane that's about to come.

16. His HUGS!!! He pulls Paige into his space every time he hugs her…it's cute!

I caught on to Bubba's answer immediately. Granted, he could have said more about his hobbies/interests and it was edited out…so who knows…especially since they've wiped out half of Jeremiah's life from this show. But if we ASSUME Bubba's answer was shown in its entirety and compare that to Jeremiah's interest in music and all of the other things he loves to do (as seen in the 'Learning to Fly' music video), there is no comparison in which guy is right for Paige. Life with Jeremiah would be so full of fun and rich with love. :)

Wow, Jeremiah is a weird little dude. If hot means doesn't shave, doesn't comb his hair and generally looks like a dirty hamster, than I am doing it wrong. A bandanna over my head only looks good if I am riding a motorcycle.

I guess, then, you are not Jeremiah! :)

Hehehe… :)

17. He think before he speaks. 18. He prays and tries to honor God with his life. 19. He takes LOVE seriously.

sorry last entry you're jealous and stupid, Jeremiah, is a great guy, You're the weird little dude, get out of here.

Paige thinks his bandana is sexy and that's all that matters !! Rock on Jeremiah!!

I understand how they edit the show, which is why I'm almost certain Paige will choose Jeremiah. He's great too, but I'm still rooting for Bubba! ;)

Great recap. The more I think about it, the more I think that the show's producers/editors are playing us all… hard! Of COURSE people will be interested in learning more about Jeremiah after the hammock date, and of COURSE they'll find his wonderful music, and learn how much depth, faith, and goodheartedness make up the man. So of COURSE wiser eyes will see the chop job in his edits, and more fans will be drawn in, as they are now apparently. I have a feeling we're going to start seeing a major turnaround in how Jeremiah is edited, so that (1) choosing him as one of the final two makes sense to viewers, and (2) it makes sense that Paige if/when Paige gives him her heart. Just sayin'

I think they started the turnaround in Jeremiah's edit this episode. He got a lot more camera time and talked a lot about his feelings for Paige and how much he wants to share them with her. All around, they showed him to be more personable and endearing than they've ever done before. He's also been shown playing his guitar in the house, which hopefully means they'll eventually reveal that he's both a farmer AND a musician! And a perfect match for Paige!

Sadly, I think it's too late for a turnaround. The edit during episode 6 has done a lot of damage. And it doesn't help they edit others like saints. He did get more air time this past episode, but the preview for next week does not look good. Jeremiah posted on his FB wall that he's expecting the producers to exploit his uffda moment as much as possible. I'm guessing Jeremiah will come off even more unstable and erratic in the next episode. I feel the producers kind of did a disservice to the final couple (No, I do not read spoilers. In my opinion, sparks fly when Jeremiah and Paige are together) as well as a disservice to Bubba. For once, this franchise has a couple that is actually a couple (unlike the fake relationships from past seasons); they chose to edit this relationship in such a negative light. I feel like people will not understand why she chooses Jeremiah and I'm fully expecting some backlash by Bubba fans. At the same time, although it's great that Bubba is getting a good edit (I actually like both Bubba and Jeremiah)… but they're editing this guy with no flaws and is essentially "perfect". Seriously, can you imagine when he makes a mistake? I'm guessing the world would end for some when that happens.

So many things are written in this space defending Jeremiah that include things that aren't seen in the show, i.e. his prayer at the campfire (which he apparently also sang but we didn't get to hear it). Just makes me wonder who's defending him.Also the immediacy and intensity of the defense of Jeremiah, the promotion of his music, all seems a little too personal to me… like anything negative said about Jeremiah is hitting to close to home.

Why is it a conspiracy that Jeremiah's music isn't on the show — "Just look at how they have hidden his music group From Joyce while talking up the others that sing. Interesting editing!" — I didn't see a lot of Dustin's music on the show and he seems more accomplished then Jeremiah. I think Donny only sang one song. Maybe Jeremiah didn't want to be seen as the guy using the show to advance his music. That would make more sense if he was serious about finding his "love."

My life is way too short to take time to "research Jeremiah"!!!I'm sure this is not far from the truth. People tend to be who they are. I don't think CMT has it out to get Jeremiah. I mean really! Get a life and just sit back and enjoy this tv show… OMG it's entertainment not real life.

As for the above response, I can say that I watched the prayer at the campfire. I asked another viewer, who also said it was Jeremiah. Paige and all the guys have confirmed that he sang at the campfire… a beautiful song called Hallelujah. The live chats have been very informative about that. It's one of his songs with his band From Joyce. We found it online…. Fabulous!!! Anyway, I for one am glad to hear/ read the positive comments. It's interesting when only the negative gets repeated. But in Jeremiah's case, even fellow guys from the house as well as Jeremiah have said much was edited out. Is that hard to believe? When you can see the cut and splice of an edit, you have to wonder what was cut? Well, I hope the good comments keep flowing. After all, we are all hoping for a good love story, right?

I don't know about a conspiracy. I have read that SHA chose to not mention the fact that he was half city and half country, spending half his time in MN and half his time in LA. They chose to type cast him as a farmer/ plowboy and focus on that aspect. The only complaints that I have heard is that SHA did talk up Donny and Dustin in advance about their music and even advertised about them singing and aired it. And even though apparently, the guys played and sang every day (what else are you going to do with no tv, phone, computer, etc) and Jeremiah played guitar and sang with the guys, but somehow no footage has ever aired of that. I don't think it's a conspiracy but rather a choice edit/ focus. As far as how accomplished he is, everyone should listen for themselves and decide. I have certainly liked all the From Joyce songs I've heard.

So true! When I watch a film that says it's been edited from its orginal version, I expect it to still represent the original. I feel like Bubba could never live up to his edit and Jeremiah can never overcome his edit, at least in the eyes of the fans at home watching. Well, I guess only Paige's opinion will matter in the end……. But perhaps we viewers are starting to expect the editors to chop scenes to pieces, thus we may not trust what we see as an accurate representation of the true experience of SHA.

While life is short, I did take time to research since so much issue was made and all the guys at the house as well as Paige said Jeremiah was edited badly and have defended him. These are real people, and we are being "entertained" by their lives and how they intertwined. From what I have read and heard in the live chats and otherwise, approved by SHA, they chose to edit Jeremiah and show him as trouble. If no one in the house agrees with that assessment, then it's important to me as a viewer. But since you have a life and don't have time, I don't suppose you will have read this posted response to yours. Oh well…… a different opinion nonetheless.

I find it interesting that a lot of mud gets slung at someone, in this case Jeremiah. All the live chats and posting opportunities have been full. And when others attempt to wash off some of the mud, others get mad and want people to leave the mud there. How does that makes sense?

WOW! NOW THAT"S FUNNY!!!!! SO….. people attack Jeremiah and his character. And he and others are not supposed to defend? WHAT!?!? SO when someone attacks, the one being attacked should stand down? Others that like him should just let it go? I totally disagree with that above post. If someone defends himself or another, then the attack must be true? I cannot follow that logic. In this case, random anonymous people are sticking up for their beliefs. I say, keep it up.

I have to believe this can only be Jeremiah's family or Jeremiah himself writing this– "And even though apparently, the guys played and sang every day (what else are you going to do with no tv, phone, computer, etc) and Jeremiah played guitar and sang with the guys, but somehow no footage has ever aired of that. I don't think it's a conspiracy but rather a choice edit/ focus." How else would you know what went on in the house "every day"? Reality shows are what they are, stop whining, Jeremiah. Obviously, the true intent for going on the show was to promote your music. Now that the show apparently isn't, I'm going to whine and blame them. I don't see City Shaun whining that the show makes him look bad. I don't see Donny whining. I don't see Dustin whining. I don't see Landon whining, even when he looked silly and out of control. I don't see Jeremy whining. I mean really, the only one whining is Jeremiah… boo hoo, big mean CMT not promoting his music. Man up and move on. What's next, big mean radio stations don't play it either.I watch SHA to see a dating show with a little country vs. city comedy thrown in, not to see a farmer promote his music. Maybe Jeremiah will have to find another reality show about farmers who play music on the side because apparently that was the goal here.

I was trying to be hopeful, but unfortunately you may be right that it's too late for a turnaround. I intentionally haven't been following SHA on Facebook, but I'm guessing fans there aren't coming around to Team Jeremiah. And I'd forgotten about the trailer for next episode – the bar scene makes me nervous for him. I love watching Paige and Jeremiah together, and I wish we'd be allowed to just enjoy them falling in love. Even though most fans will always want the lead to choose someone from the South, the producers could have done so much to promote the relationship between Paige and Jeremiah in a way that has fans rooting for them rather than hating on them. Just look what they did with City Shaun!Last season Tribble chose Jacquie for the final 2 and in my opinion should have chosen her overall as I think they were a much better match than he and Tristan. I wasn't a Jacquie fan, but other "fans" were so hateful and mean that I really felt sorry for her. No one deserves that. And SHA producers did nothing to try to help her out because clearly Tristan was the predestined choice.Yes, Jeremiah, Paige and all the others signed up for a reality TV show and all the ridiculousness that comes with that. But I can't imagine they expected to be portrayed as carelessly and disrespectfully as producers have done.Don't think I'll be watching this show next season….

66. Jill Mader says:

Thanks for the comments, guys! I think it's important to point out that there's really no evidence of Jeremiah having a drinking problem – it seems like a lot of the guys in the house drink quite a bit. Shaun always has a glass of wine in his hand! And Bubba, well, couldn't you say that about anyone? Lots of people are 30+ and haven't found the right person yet. Everyone is entitled to their favorites, but let's keep it pleasant!

To the above anonymous poster, so it appears that you do not like Jeremiah. When have you seen/ heard him whine as you say he keeps doing? I read the post that appeared to stir anger in you. What you quoted has been widely reported on SHA, the show, the live chats, the twitters between the guys. How is it “obvious” that his intent was to promote his music? That sounds like conjecture, to which you are entitled. But I think facts, reality, deceptions, and edits are getting skewed. Do you also have a problem with Faith Cattle Co hats and clothing being worn on the show and since the show being sold/ marketed? Do you have a problem with the guys who have written music and gotten airtime? Do you mind Kruger Farms being promoted? What is the issue stirring here? As you pointed out, family and friends read here. Why does so much hatred need to be expressed towards one guy or those who support him?

Wow, if your a christian, shame on you.

I have been following the SHA facebook page and although the majority of posters are Bubba fans, there is a dedicated and growing group of fans representing for Jeremiah. I think that any fans who have thoughtfully watched the show and done a little research can see that Paige and Jeremiah make perfect sense and have a chemistry that just jumps off the screen. And my gosh, it isn't like Paige hasn't been trying to give hints in her interviews and live chats. I think some Bubba fans see him as perfect for THEM and have not paid attention to what Paige wants in a relationship. I do think that CMT/SHA has done this couple a disservice as they appear to have found a real relationship, unlike the couples from Seasons 1 and 2. They should care more about Paige, who has been a very likeable and sincere lead, but it appears all the emphasis is now on Bubba. When did he become the lead instead of just one of 20 guys? I'm actually starting to be bored by him, although I'm sure he's a very nice guy. Jeremiah is incredibly interesting “in real life” but I'm guessing he found the reality TV process uncomfortable and isn't as naturally articulate in front of the camera as Bubba or Shaun B. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Paige sent Bubba and little Shaun home on the next episode and kept Jeremiah and Shaun B. as the final two. I think Shaun B is savvy enough to keep playing the game, but not to get his feelings hurt, and he has said on twitter that Jeremiah is his friend. Shaun even gave his camo outfit to Jeremiah (there are pictures). But that wouldn't be as dramatic, so we'll probably see Jeremiah and Bubba.

And I don't think Jeremiah's music career will be hurt. CMT is a cable channel, so the number of people watching is not anywhere near a network channel. And once the next season is on, the same haters will be busy hating someone new and forget all about Paige and Jeremiah. This beautiful couple will get on with their lives, and as they say in show business, any press is good press. Jeremiah is picking up fans that he never would have had without the SHA exposure.

I am beginning to believe people find comfort jabbing others because it makes them feel better about themselves. Anybody who can say mean things about Jeremiah don't even know who they are talking about. That's a shame. He is a great guy who has been branded by some very misleading edits. And shame on the producers if they don't try to do some damage control to repair the false image they have drawn of him. Its so insane how easy people have bought into the craziness. But then there's Bubba… perfect wonderful Bubba. I've always been told if he looks too good to be true he usually is. We don't know a lot about him other than he owns Faith Cattle Co for which he has provided hats for everybody to wear bearing his Company logo. That's smart thinking because in this world its important to use every opportunity possible to promote your business or its going to be trouble. Other than that, I don't know anything about him. I am having trouble wondering why its okay for him to show case his cattle ranch….but his fans don't find it okay for Jeremiah to be a singer song writer in addition to being a farmer . Sounds so ignorant to me. I don't know what will happen to so many disgrunteled Sweet Home Alabama fans when Paige sends Bubba back to the ranch only to take Jeremiah by the hand. She's sure a lucky girl….I'm so happy for her…. JMHO

I caught that myself. Also he shouted at the city guys, ” This Is Our House” ! That was rather rude. Then he spoke for every country girl saying there's not one who wants to have her guys eyebrows waxed. That's as assuming as Todd saying no girl who has read the Notebook would enjoy a date on a tractor. Its all a bunch of hooie anymore.

Its never too late for this tv show to turn a person around. If in one week they were able to turn city Shaun from being the house villian into a warm and real human being while turning Jeremiah into a crazed lunatic…they can do something spectacular if its even on their agenda.

Let's hope!

The only thing that matters is Paige who just happens to think Jeremiah's bandana is totally sexy …doesn't matter what the little “creeper” thinks !!

I think Jeremiah is going to be fine. I love the guy because he doesn't have to say much it's what he does that takes her breath away !! Dang it's so hard for her to keep her hands off of him -she just can't hug him tight enough!! It's so cool that he's not drooling all over her ~ smothering her in syrupy Harlequin Romance gag worthy flowery phrases !! That stuff has run into overkill this season. GEEEZZZZ

I thought the season started off just beautiful and it was going to be my favorite season ever. But I didn't appreciate the negative edit given to Jeremiah James Korfe. That was uncalled for. It turned many people against him, but made me stand up stronger in his favor. I was able to see through the drama, where other people can't. Needless to say haters had a field day with him, and it was hurtful not only for him but for his family, friends, and no doubt Paige herself. I think they need to fix the damages done. They can do it .. they can turn anything around … JMOHO

I would hate to be somebody who would make statements about a person without doing some research first to make sure I know what I'm talking about. And if I don't have time to reseach it I best keep my mouth shut. Its just wrong to assume anything.

I agree with Jill. Even though everyone in the house said he had WAY too much to drink (and implied he was drunk) and he attacked little Shawn doesn't mean he is an alcoholic. Is someone who gets violent when he drinks someone Paige will want? Well that is entirely up to her. I personally like Bubba – he seems established and more mature than all the rest. However, it's up to Paige and she needs to pick whoever best fits her. That's what the show is all about – her finding happiness. :)

79. donna says:

I think she will choose Jeremiah.I see him being more immature than little Shaun.Like when he said in his own words…I hope she becomes my girlfriend.It sounded so junior high school.I get some people have a hard time expressing their emotions, but his bio says he is a singer/song writer….so he should be very good at talking and expressing himself but when he talks, it sounds like a boy having a crush. Its the typical set up….she will follow her heart and pick Jeremiah but in time they will grow apart.

80. guest says:

Some are complaining how unfair the editing of Jeremiah has been but really Paige has said all the same things fans have said about him.So was Paige edited too??They can’t put words into your mouth or force you to play a character.Also before all the Jeremiah fans start up…it is just s t.v show and if someone is a fan of the show and watches it, it does entitle them to voice their opinions. Not everyone is going to be fans of Jeremiah and yes some’s opinions like mine will not favor him but thats o.k too.Everyone has the right to there opinion..