Southern Nights: CMT’s answer to Bachelor Pad?

I just saw this new Facebook page for an upcoming CMT show, Southern Nights.

There aren’t a lot of details yet, but from what I can tell it’ll be Sweet Home Alabama‘s version of Bachelor Pad. What do you guys think of that? I, of course, watch Bachelor Pad, but I also think that it’s disgusting and awful. Will Southern Nights be able to keep it classy? How similar will it be?

Based on this photo, I think it’s safe to say Landon will be part of the cast. But who else? Will it be all country cast members, or city folks too? Who do you think will be part of the cast? Is there anyone you really do or don’t want to see?

This entry was posted in Southern Nights, Sweet Home Alabama. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Southern Nights: CMT’s answer to Bachelor Pad?

1. Annie says:

I would love to see Donny and Big Shaun (assuming Big Shaun doesn't end up with Paige, and I don't think he will). Donny may be too classy if it is anything like Bachelor Pad!

Not sure why they are recasting Landon…he was less than a fan favorite and continues to attack fellow cast members verbally. If Glassman is trying to recreate the “Bachelor Franchise” he needs to stop allowing his editors to trash the character of his cast. He is quickly becoming a trash creator instead of optimizing the potential of the show's original concept. This season has gone down hill quickly in the editing dept. I won't watch any further seasons if they don't clean up their tacky edits before SWA #3 is done. HE is losing credibility of a target audience that he really could have built a strong foundation upon…..

I think the cast is Kristina withaK Kraus, Tara Bowlin, Cassie Rupp, Devin Grissom, Courtney Wilkerson, Cody Harris, Collin Varallo, Landon Chase, Jeff Miranda, and Michael Dean (“Flex”). I probably won't watch.

It might be fun. There's not a lot that bothers me because I only watch what I like. I don't like to pass judgments on others unless they are out to actually harm themselves or others. Southern Nights can't get much worse than the Jersey Shore, Bach Pad, Mob wives, or whatever. If I don't like it I wont watch it. But if they have my favs like Kristina witha k and Cassie Rupp and Tara I won't miss it. Landon is just a big over grown ox of a man .. he doesn't bother me. He's not a guy I would have ever dated, but I can see him as a guy friend. Nobody would mess with me.. he's a great body guard.

I agree – it may not be worth watching if they continue to go the route they have lately in some of their SHA editing. SHA is a good show concept and they have some great people on it…and it seems this season there was actually true love found…I wish they would let the viewers see more of that story instead of creating drama and editing in such a way that casts a negative light on people who are actually REALLY GREAT. So, Southern Lights could potentially be decent but I doubt it will be based on the recent work by the producers. I don't know that I'll watch.

Sorry but I like Landon. It's reality and if you don't like it don't watch it!

I completely agree with the comment about SHA's editing. I have been very disappointed with the negative image that has been cast on Jeremiah James Korfe in particular. If it's reality TV let's show people for who they are not who editing makes them out to be. Reality should show you all there is to know about the person. Jeremiah is so much more than a “farmer”. He is an incredible musician who lives an amazingly exciting life. Part of his time is spent in LA for his music career, he has opened for Brian McKnight at the People's choice awards, he's done commercials, the list goes on. But we've not seen that side of him. So, that's not reality. I don't appreciate the mind games they have played with the editing. I am a middle aged woman who never watches reality TV and this was a great opportunity for CMT to add be to their fan base. But that's not gonna happen if I feel disgusted and manipulated and deceived. Check out Jeremiah's music with his band, From Joyce on itunes.

Instead of recasting Landon, they should bring Tribble back so we can see more of Tristan and Tribble together! <3
    Landon is just annoying.

9. sum1 says:

I’m not sure that CMT cares if they add one middle-aged woman with a personal connection to Jeremiah Korfe to their fan base. In what way have they manipulated and deceived you about him? The show has shown that he is a farmer and a musician. Don’t know what show you’ve been watching. What mind games did they play with the editing? Do you have some kind of thing for him or something?

I want to know what Jeremiah is hiding. He was acting odd. Does he have a girlfriend off the show or something? Something is up with him. I think he left a girl behind to go on the show. It is the simplest explanation for his behavior so by Occam’s razor…